Top Food Trends for 2017
posted by: Dr Adrian Couzner
- Retro foods are on trend!Canned or smoked fish (tuna).Cold soups such as Borscht and Vichychoise.
- Fruit and Vegie Spin-off DishesCauliflower Rice, Banana Sushi, Watermelon Jerky
- The Micro-Mediterranean DietYou’ll see food and recipes from places like Portugal and Spain including tinned Sardines and Fava Bean Hummus.
- Salt Free SpicesUsing Oregano, Cumin, Clove, Ginger and Paprika instead of salt.
- Neutral FoodWhite Asparagus, Cauliflower, Eggs, Tapioca
- Grain packed BreakfastsLook for foods containing Sorghum, Chickpea and Almond Flours, Buckwheat and Teff.
- Seeds, Seeds, SeedsSesame, Chia, Sunflower and Flax. A must try newbie, Watermelon Seeds!!
- Fermented FoodsFood and Drinks like Miso, Kimchi and Sauerkraut